The general definition of a core package would be a package is core if this one is required for the basic performance of a dappnode.
The core packages are the next:
- Wifi: This package set up the wifi access.
- Dappmanager: This package contains the front-end and backend that managers the containers, packages, etc. It's the main package of dappnode.
- bind (will be removed soon and replaced by docker bind): This package manage the urls of dappnode.
- OpenVpn: It's a package that let you set up the vpn access via OpenVPN to your dappnode.
- Wireguard: It's a package that let you set up the vpn access via Wireguard to your dappnode.
Firstly, we can separate the core packages into two types: mandatory and optional.
The mandatory core packages are installed and they can't be uninstalled:
The optional core packages can be uninstalled if the user wishes it but they bring you up some basic features: