Help! I can't access my Dappnode!
- If you are connected to the same network as your Dappnode via wired Ethernet, try to access the UI using the address http://dappnode.local
- If you've bought a Dappnode or installed it on a machine with integrated Wi-Fi, try to access the Wi-Fi hotspot 'DAppNodeWifi'.
If all of the above does not work, visit our Discord and ask for help in the #support channel.
Why can't I connect to my Dappnode via VPN?
To do this, you need to access your router configuration and "port-forward" the following ports: TCP Port 8092 and UDP Port 1194.
In case you have set up WireGuard, you might need to "port-forward" the following port: 51820
Once you have done that AND you still can not access your Dappnode, you might have to create two profiles:
- A Local profile: This profile is used when you are connecting from within the same network that the Dappnode resides in.
- A Remote profile: This profile is used when you are connecting from a different network than the one where your Dappnode resides in.
You can also check out our guides on how to configure VPN access here.
Can I recover a lost admin password?
More about the initial setup can be found here
How do I recover a lost admin password using my recovery token?
You will then see the option 'Forgot password?' underneath the 'Login' button. Once you click that, a new input field will appear where you can input your recovery token. We will use
4LMB9w3l50Yljwr6bIgQ in this example.
If you have entered the correct recovery token, you'll then be prompted to enter a new admin password.
Once you've filled out those fields and pressed 'Register', your Dappnode will once again provide you a recovery token. Do not forget to write down and save this one!
What do I do if I lost the password AND my token?!
Once you are connected to your Dappnode, type the following command which prints the recovery token to the terminal:
cat /usr/src/dappnode/DNCORE/admin-recovery-token.txt ; echo
The command does the following:
- Reads the admin-recover-token.txt file where the token is saved.
; echois used to make it easier to read and copy the token.
After inserting the command above, you can obtain the recovery token and use that one to recover your admin access.
In the section above ('"How do I recover a lost admin password using my recovery token?') you can check out how to use your token to regain access.
How do I force update my Dappnode without losing data?
This will update the core packages to the latest versions without erasing any data from your Dappnode.
⚠️ This will clear any EXTRA_OPTS fields, but no chain data, keys, or other configurations will be affected ⚠️
sudo wget -O - https://installer.dappnode.io | sudo UPDATE=true bash`